Friday, March 2, 2012

Gymnastics!

A friend asked me to make a shirt for her daughter to take to her gymnastics meet.  She sent me an example of something she had seen on Etsy and asked me to try to make something similar.  This required me to merge two different designs together plus a font which is the most complicated thing I have done with my software to date.  The gymnast is filled embroidery which uses a lot of thread and takes a long time to stitch but I was pleased with how she stitched out.  She was from a larger design set from Designs by JuJu.  The team colors are zebra and hot pink.  I used a variegated thread on part of the gymnast's top to try to create a zebra-like effect and of course the M (from Planet Applique) is done with zebra print fabric.


No comments:

Post a Comment