Sunday, December 18, 2011

Craftaholics Anonymous Handmade Gift Exchange: An Experiment in Towels

I participated in Craftaholics Anonymous Handmade Gift Exchange in November.  I was lucky to be paired with a fabulous quilter named Kelly who blogs at Live.Love.Create.  She created this fabulous quilted wall hanging for me and quite honestly, just looking at it makes me want to learn to quilt!


She also sent a sweet homemade Santa Claus card and some scrapbook supplies as well!  

Thank you again Kelly!!

For Kelly, I decided to do a set of seasonal kitchen towels with appliques/embroidery.  I really had a few additional holidays in mind but simply ran out of time.  Here are the ones I did displayed together.


I think the cupcake (general use for birthdays or other celebrations) was my favorite.


It's a tad confusing to look at initially but I just couldn't resist using this filled embroidery design for the Halloween towel since Kelly has twin boys!


And, what would a gift exchange be without putting a little of yourself into it?  Kelly lives in a different part of the country from me so I had to share some Southern hospitality with the Fall towel.


Thank you Linda for the awesome opportunity to share our handmade craftiness with others!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment