Sunday, December 18, 2011

School of T&E: Toddler Car Blanket

The Director at Olivia's daycare asked me to make her daughter, Megan, a blanket for the car similar to the lap blanket I made for Olivia.  I decide to use Minky like I did before but instead of fleece to use a cuddle fabric (not sure what its official name is).  All I am going to say is that these two fabrics together cause more lint than I've ever seen in my entire life of lint all added together!!  I learned a few really good lessons with this project:
1.  Use your Walking Foot!!
2.  Do not put the wrong applique on these fabrics and have to rip the seams to get rid of it - it will take you forever and the amount of lint such an error produces is unfathomable!

Below is a picture that show both sides so you can see the fabrics used.  This applique is Planet Applique's Sweetheart Alpha and the font is Boyz R Gross by 8 Claws & a Paw.

No comments:

Post a Comment